Knoll, Inc. is a constellation of design-driven brands and people, working together with our clients in person and digitally to create inspired modern interiors. Our internationally recognized portfolio includes furniture, textiles, leathers, lighting, accessories, and architectural and acoustical elements. Our brands - Knoll Office, KnollStudio, KnollTextiles, KnollExtra, Spinneybeck | FilzFelt, Edelman Leather, HOLLY HUNT, DatesWeiser, Muuto, and Fully - reflect our commitment to modern design that meets the diverse requirements of high-performance workplaces, work from home settings and luxury residential interiors. A recipient of the National Design Award for Corporate and Institutional Achievement from the Smithsonian's Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, we can help organizations achieve Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), Living Building Challenge and WELL Building workplace certifications. To learn more about our initiatives to support more inclusive and diverse communities, visit .
The Site Assistant Controller will report directly to the Site Controller. Working at a manufacturing facility, this position is primarily responsible for overseeing the daily financial, accounting, and costing operations for the Muskegon manufacturing site. Additionally, the Site Assistant Controller helps lead improvements to, and maintenance of, the quality of the financial close, assists with oversight and development of the accounting team, and ad-hoc projects as needed. This position will also work closely with the site operational teams as a business partner in support of financial decisions.
- Lead and train team members to ensure timely and accurate execution of financial closing activities
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and year end accounting close procedures, and maintain compliance with required deadlines
- Prepare, oversee, and manage cost accounting entries, which include but are not limited to, inventory, accruals, warranty, and labor.
- Assist in streamlining, updating, and documenting accounting, costing, and analysis processes.
- Manage and oversee preparation of annual labor and overhead rates for new inventory standards.
- Manage and oversee preparation of monthly variance analyses, bridges and other analyses and investigate trends and significant variances
- Lead the yearly inventory revaluation activity
- Reconcile inventory ledgers to perpetual reports on a monthly basis
- Partner with other departments to accurately prepare monthly financial statements and forecasts
- Support internal and external audit requests
- Update and review internal control compliancy quarterly
- Maintain Sox compliance.
- In-depth knowledge of financial statement analysis and internal controls
- Experience in team leadership
- High level of interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks. Highly detail oriented
- Ability to work cross functionally in order to achieve desired results
- Must have a moderate to high level of competency in Microsoft Excel, and experience creating and delivering PowerPoint presentations
- Knowledge of JDE and or Oracle is a plus
Knoll is an Equal Employment opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or other applicable laws. If you require an accommodation due to a disability at any time during the application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.