The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We're a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. While Kraft Heinz is co-headquartered in Chicago and Pittsburgh, our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
We spark joy around mealtime with our iconic brands, including Kraft, Oscar Mayer, Heinz, Philadelphia, Lunchables, Velveeta, Planters, Maxwell House, Capri Sun, Ore-Ida, Kool-Aid, Jell-O, Primal Kitchen, and Classico, among others.
No matter the brand, we're united under one vision: To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we're transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion - and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen - there's only one thing to do: join our table and let's make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level - from entry-level intern to senior leader - to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners - to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz - which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve. You're expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level - and you'll be rewarded. You're given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won't do it alone. You're supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
The Kraft Heinz Company is currently seeking a Technical Writer (temp to hire) to work at our sauces, and pickles processing facility in Holland, MI. Successful candidates must be willing to contribute improvements suggestions and ideas to help continue the success of our facility. Ideal candidates must be safety and quality orientated along with demonstrate adaptability and willingness to work in a team orientated, fast paced work environment. This position requires individuals to perform general production duties in a food manufacturing environment following strict quality and safety standards.
- 2 years documenting and standardizing procedures
- 2 to 5 years of manufacturing experience preferred
- Basic training principles and methods including designing training materials
- Starting Pay Rate $19.00 an hour
Monday-Friday, including some weekends 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Approximately 300 employees
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift opportunities- assigned based on business needs and seniority
- Union Plant, represented by UFCW Local 705
- Products: Vinegar, BBQ Sauces, Relish, Pickles, Mustard
- The Holland plant is one of the oldest plants in the company and has been operating since 1897. Although, locally known as the "pickle factory", currently pickles only make up 5% of the total production. In 2016 the factory installed grey poupon mills to allow the production of its iconic mustard.
Under minimal supervision, the Technical Writer develops detailed written documents across all departments in the factory to establish or improve a process, policy, or training material.
A successful candidate in this role is a fast learner, likes to observe and recommend changes to improve their jobs. Feels comfortable working with Microsoft programs and translating material. This is an ideal job for somebody looking for long term career with a stable, reputable company.Responsibilities & Duties:
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, and SAP and any new required factory systems. Ability to learn new computer applications.
- Ability to utilize digital camera including downloading of photos
- Performing Good Sanitation Practices (GSP's) when handling equipment.
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
- Perform all required observations and training timely and as scheduled.
- Support Plant Quality Systems.
- Responsible to follow FSQ requirements such as GMP's and other daily/job specific duties to support QRMP.
- Experience training end users on software programs.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Must be able to understand and follow directions.
- Must be able to demonstrate good attendance and work on all shifts, as required.
- Ability to work up to twelve (12) hour shifts to satisfy business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
It is the continuing policy of The Kraft Heinz Company to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.Final candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship. Exceptions requesting work visa sponsorship will be reviewed on a case to case basis.