CNC (Computer Numerical Control) Grinder Specialist
Reports to: Supervisor
Location: Muskegon, MI
The primary function of this position is the efficient set-up, operation and troubleshooting of grinding machines and surface finish/polishing equipment ensuring the proper grinding techniques are followed and acceptable levels of quality and productivity are met within establish parameters in a safe and effective manner.
- Starts up and shuts down a variety of grinding machine(s) including CNC & PLC controls following established company procedures and safety guidelines.
- Performs grinding operations on a large variety of parts at times with high levels of complexity, ensuring the operation is performed within established parameters, minimal scrap and acceptable levels of output.
- Plans setup (mounting and dismounting grinding wheels) and operation of CNC and manual grinding machine(s) using proper tools, and produces parts within established tolerances, specifications at acceptable levels of production, which includes the reading and interpretation of process drawing, routings and travelers.
- Uses a full range of precision measuring and gauging instruments in support of daily grinding and inspection operation ensuring that parts meet or exceed expectations.
- Sets up and tests production equipment under power, testing for mechanical difficulties, tracing any problem source(s) and ensuring proper corrective action(s) are taken to resolve detected problems.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment including identification of unsafe conditions. Steel toed shoes and ANSI approved safety glasses with side shields must be worn at all times.
- Reads and interprets a variety of engineering and quality specifications and engineering drawings.
- Makes necessary adjustments to machines and “dress” of wheels ensuring that that the machine and grinding wheel(s) are in proper operating condition.
- Ensures that proper housekeeping is maintained including sweeping and clean up in and around her/his area of responsibility.
- Performs continuous improvement (lean) activities as may be assigned or required.
- Performs first piece inspection for other operators if required.
- Performs other duties and assignments as scheduled and/or required.
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) to three (3) years grind experience in precision manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to read, write, understand technical documentation, be computer literate, read process drawing (blueprints), and understand engineering specifications.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Two (2) year technical degree in manufacturing technology preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States, compliant to ITAR regulations.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend and move about the plant freely.
- Must be willing to work overtime when needed.
- Must be able to lift or move materials up to 25 lbs.
SKF’s mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring and maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales in SEK is around 85 billion and the number of employees are 45,000.
What You’ll Love About SKF:
Rest and Relaxation. Enjoy a robust PTO policy and 13 paid holidays!
Health and Wellness Benefits. SKF cares about the wellbeing of our employees. Many options for best in class medical and dental plans to fit your needs; a wellness plan that includes biometric screening and health risk assessment for you and your spouse and incentives for healthy living!
Invest in your Future. SKF offers amazing retirement options! You can participate in our 401K program immediately.
Much more! Growth opportunities, tuition reimbursement, voluntary critical illness coverage, voluntary legal plan, employee assistance program, life insurance, vehicle discount programs, mobile phone discounts, and with so many benefits to working for SKF, we could not name them all!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disable/Veterans