The F&B Specialty Cook will have the responsibility to prepare and cook high-quality food products. As well as provide bulk recipe execution to guests in a professional, efficient and courteous manner.
High School Diploma or GED preferred
Three (3) years of culinary experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Must be 18+ years of age.
• Must be ServSafe certified.
• Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members, and Management in both written and verbal forms.
• Must manage time effectively with minimum supervision.
• Must be able to obtain all necessary work cards, including, but not limited to a Health Card.
• Adhere to all Company and department policies and procedures as well as "Unsurpassed Service" practices.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
• Must demonstrate sound judgment and mature decision-making.
• Must possess and demonstrate great attention to detail in order to maintain the unit's appearance and operating standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Gun Lake Casino's company-wide culture and "Unsurpassed Service" Standards at all times.
• Practice and observe safety rules and regulations and ensures Team Members who are direct reports do so as well. Ensure your areas comply with food safety and sanitation guidelines.
• Behave in a positive, professional manner that reflects "Unsurpassed Service" practices.
• Maintain Gun Lake Casino's "Look your best" personal grooming and uniform standards pursuant to the Company's policies.
• Knowledge of where the MSDS booklet is located in the area.
• Display knowledge of all emergency procedures.
• Handle any Team Member or Guest opportunities.
• Follow set schedules and specific job duties.
• Treat each Team Member with care, dignity, fairness, and respect in an "Unsurpassed Service" manner.
• Display and encourage teamwork in the department.
• Conduct group and individual training regarding policies and procedures on an ongoing basis. Set daily, weekly and monthly goals and opportunities and leads the unit to achieve the desired result.
• Communicate on a consistent basis with all managers. Keep them abreast of all department activities.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by Gun Lake Casino.
• Follow Recipe Book and Guidelines and have all necessary supplies to provide consistency and quality for "Unsurpassed Service" Guest service.
• Will possess a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn and grow
• Attend daily Team Member Huddles and looks at the communication boards for pertinent information. Ensure that the information on the board is up to date at all times.
• Possess the ability to work hands-on in any kitchen environment, including those involving a three-meal period and high volume production. The majority of the production will be frying, sautéing, griddling, carving, broiling, and steaming all meats, fish, eggs, vegetables, and poultry. May include cold salads, sandwiches, cold displays, salad dressings, slicing deli meats, and cheese for guest services according to Gun Lake Casino's standards and specifications.
• Will be used to working in a professional setting focused on consistency and excellence.
• Possess the ability to follow prep and productions sheets correctly,
• Aid in the creation, maintenance, and teaching of all presentation documents and specification cards.
• Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards in accordance with department policies and the MSDS Booklet.
• Ensure that kitchens and equipment are in good working order to ensure a clean and hazard-free work area that complies with the MSDS Booklet and Gun Lake Casino's guidelines.
• Ability to work all live-action stations within the buffet while maintaining impeccable cleanliness and guest service
• All other duties as assigned.
• Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color, and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers, and symbols.
• Requires the physical ability to stand for long periods of time, walk frequently bend or reach a height of 6 feet with or without assistance.
• Requires a normal sense of smell, taste, hearing, and touch.
• Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs., push 150 to 250 lbs on a pushcart, in/out of walk-ins of -10 degrees to 140 degrees with or without assistance.
Work is typically in an area, which may be unusually hot, cold, noisy, and may contain second-hand smoke. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 ft. wide access. Tasks performed from a sitting or non-sitting position. Performance of job duties will require standing, walking, lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling, and grasping. These tasks include the maintenance and care of the assigned areas. Work may entail trained chemical usage. Constant contact with fellow Team Members and Guests.
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
The Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi Indians abides by Native American preference in its hiring and employment policies.
Gun Lake Tribal Gaming Authority reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.