The buyer position is responsible for managing a group of designated supplier accounts, based on product type or commodity. The key function is to support the Purchasing Department's organizational and operational objectives, with particular emphasis on supporting the manufacturing operations of the Hastings, Michigan production facility. This includes day-to-day ordering/replenishment, managing supplier delivery, maintaining purchased part inventory levels and inventory costs, assisting in vendor return process, and supporting new product launches.
- Places day-to-day purchase orders based on requirements.
- Managing supplier delivery and inbound freight expenses
- Maintaining purchased part inventory levels and inventory costs
- Assisting in vendor return process
- Supporting new product launches
- BA in Supply Chain Management plus three years purchasing/buying experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment; or equivalent.
- Up to 20% travel for supplier evaluations and audits.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with both suppliers and internal departments.
- Ability to work independently and complete projects to achieve goals.
- Ability to lead internal teams to implement change to reduce costs.
- Prefer experience using JDE system.
- Prefer experience buying brass castings, ductile iron castings, screw machined parts, steel stampings.