Position Summary: The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for managing the company’s accounts payable process and function in a professional and knowledgeable manner. This position oversees the processes associated with the payment of invoices, ensuring the accuracy of the entire process as it relates to vendor payment, invoices, payment of invoices and basic cash forecasting. This position also evaluates current processes and identifies money savings opportunities for the company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the submission of approved and coded invoices for all Convivial Brands companies. Reviews the coding for accuracy and the invoices for appropriate approval. Once reviewed, performs data entry of invoices into the AP system.
- Evaluates invoice amounts and identifies unusual fluctuations, investigates and communicates potential problems.
- Works effectively and efficiently with vendors. Develops working relationships with vendors, becomes familiar with the terms of vendor contracts, and identifies costs that should be paid by others under the terms of the contracts. Avoids late payment penalties.
- Pays vendor invoices according to terms and conditions of contracts, including within custom payment systems when approved.Takes advantage of payment discounts whenever possible.
- Maintains sensitivity and objectivity with local vendors.
- Ensures all vendor information is complete and accurate in the AP system, including collecting W-9 forms.
- Assists with and supports the financial well-being of the company. Identifies money saving opportunities based on review of invoices and communicates those in purchasing in a way that is actionable. Identifies fraudulent vendor schemes and communicates to avoid losses.
- Analyzes expense data detailing issues and preparing related reports that support year end cost reporting preparation.
- Manages the accounts payable function for the organization. Ensures all invoices are collected and entered on a regular daily basis and confirmed by the 3rd business day of the month or processes an accrual entry for missing invoices.
- Closes the accounts payable module monthly and ensures the aging ties to the general ledger.
- Runs monthly reports and stores them electronically and prepares and files the 1099-MISC / -NEC forms annually.Matches check stubs/payment details to invoices, files matched invoices, sets up vendor files, and investigates options for use of electronic storage as technologies emerge
- .Orders supplies, including checks, envelopes, file folders, storage boxes, etc. related to accounts payable.Processes other recurring payments including utilities, royalties, and insurance premiums.
- Performs basic daily / weekly cash management supporting outgoing weekly payment cycles. (ie. Keeps daily checkbook register for all companies).
- Reviews and codes company credit card invoices and enforces policies regarding collecting receipts.
- Reconcile vendor invoices with purchase orders and receiving documents.
- Reconcile vendor statements and resolve discrepancies on a routine and timely basis.
- Assist in reconciling certain subsidiary ledgers to general ledger at month-end closing.Processes direct check requests in a timely fashion.
- Performs other ad hoc tasks and functions as required by management.