Interior Contractor, is seeking qualified candidates to fill an Estimator position with our company, located in Grand Rapids, MI and completes over $40 million in annual volume throughout all of Northern and Western Michigan.
- Candidate must have a four year degree in construction management / estimating / architectural / engineering or related accredited program.
- Candidate must have a thorough understanding of CSI project specifications, and be able to quickly navigate the “Front-end” and General Requirements of a project; as well as a good understanding of typical contract requirements, insurances, bonds, etc.
- Candidate must have superior print reading skills and an understanding of interior trades
- Candidate must have a superior skill level in the application of Excel spreadsheets and workbooks, as well as complete grasp of formatting functions, graphing, tables, etc.
- Candidate must be experienced with on-screen digital estimating programs and be capable of quickly completing detailed and accurate take-offs.
- Candidate must be able to conceptualize work sequencing and logistics from project plans, and demonstrate capabilities to accurately develop critical path project schedules using Microsoft Project.
- Candidate must solicit subcontractor / material quotes, and be familiar with vendors / products used in our scope of work.
- Analyze plans, specifications, proposals, and other contract documents to determine the overall project scope and project requirements.
- Prepare competitive bids from plans and specifications – encompassing all aspects of the bidding process including solicitation and assembly of sub-contractor bids, quantity take-offs and estimates of self-performed labor and materials, and general conditions of the project.
- Provide guidance for non-estimating personnel on their estimating related requirements.
- Research and analyze cost data for review and presentation to project management team.
- Provide preconstruction services including the preparation of preliminary budgets, cost plans, and value engineering opportunities.
- Negotiating and awarding of contracts to subcontractors and vendors.
- Develop strategies to create a competitive edge.
Personable, honest, dependable, and detail-oriented.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Computer skills include MS Office, MS Project & The Edge estimating software.
Drug test and background check required.
Good driving record.