Volunteers of America Michigan is an equal opportunity employer has been in existence since 1896 providing help for the homeless, food for the hungry, employment and shelter for veterans, housing for low-income seniors and a helping hand for struggling families. Our Thrift Stores play a large part in funding these services and we are growing! Right now, there are full and part-time opportunities for high energy, detail oriented, enthusiastic, motivated individuals to become a part of the teams at our Thrift stores where there is opportunity for advancement and to be a part of the solutions! If you are willing to bring your smiles, skills and expertise we want to hear from you!
Our Westland Thrift Store has openings for Full Time Production workers that enjoy staying busy and have an eye for detail to work their magic while preparing merchandise presentation.
Handle donated items and add value to product by improving the quality and presentation of merchandise. Prepare items for re-sale and pull rag out for other purposes. Assure smooth flow of merchandise through store and efficient use of resources
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
- Unload carts, bags and boxes of donated items with care and caution
- Prepare items for re-sale by inspecting, sorting sellable and non-sellable items, and hanging clothing as needed
- Inspect, sort and prepare for display shoes, boots, apparel and accessories
- Run racks of merchandise to floor as needed
- Fill floor racks and remove rag out
- Pull rag out to designated areas
- Merchandise product in displays as directed by Store Manager/Assistant Manager
- Keep production area organized and clean to improve safety
2. Additional responsibilities
- Maintain compliance with VOA Michigan policies and procedures
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in a timely and orderly fashion so that VOA Michigan functions in the most efficient manner possible
- Other duties as assigned