Volunteers of America Michigan is an equal opportunity employer has been in existence since 1896 providing help for the homeless, food for the hungry, employment and shelter for veterans, housing for low-income seniors and a helping hand for struggling families. Our Thrift Stores play a large part in funding these services and we are growing! Right now, there are full and part-time opportunities for high energy, detail oriented, enthusiastic, motivated individuals to become a part of the teams at our Thrift stores where there is opportunity for advancement and to be a part of the solutions! If you are willing to bring your smiles, skills and expertise we want to hear from you!
Our Westland Thrift store has openings for Part Time Dock Workers who like to stay busy and enjoy doing a wide variety of tasks with a friendly, outgoing attitude.
Primarily responsible for performance of dock operations, but completes tasks assigned in all areas of store and warehouse not covered by cashiers, production or repair personnel.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
- Dock operations
- Unload and load trucks in a safe, efficient manner
- Inspect, clean and vacuum salable furniture and appliances
- Inspect donations to ensure compliance with store policies
- Apply prices and move onto sales floor at direction of Store Manager/Assistant Manager
- Assist customers with unloading donations or loading purchases into their vehicles
- Write receipts for donors and keep simple records
2. Perform general labor at the warehouse
- Shovel snow, remove ice and salt affected areas during winter months
3. Additional responsibilities
- Maintain compliance with VOA Michigan policies and procedures
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in a timely and orderly fashion so that VOA Michigan functions in the most efficient manner possible
- Other duties as assigned