Volunteers of America Michigan is an equal opportunity employer has been in existence since 1896 providing help for the homeless, food for the hungry, employment and shelter for veterans, housing for low-income seniors and a helping hand for struggling families. Our Thrift Stores play a large part in funding these services and we are growing! Right now, there are full and part-time opportunities for high energy, detail oriented, enthusiastic, motivated individuals to become a part of the teams at our Thrift stores where there is opportunity for advancement and to be a part of the solutions! If you are willing to bring your smiles, skills and expertise we want to hear from you!
Our Westland Thrift store has openings for Part Time Cashiers who have excellent interpersonal communications skills, a friendly outgoing attitude, and an understanding and patient demeanor to finalize the customer experience and leave them with a desire to return.
Maintain guest services, generate sales, operate cash register, assist in loss prevention, housekeeping, merchandising, signing and pricing to ensure smooth flow of merchandise through store and efficient use of resources. Provide customer assistance to improve sales and customer base.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain guest services
- Ensure each guest receives outstanding guest service by providing a friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service
- Maintain an awareness of all product knowledge, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertisements
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash and media accountabilities at registers
2. Store support
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and store housekeeping
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise; participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock
- Constant observation of customers to ensure loss prevention
3. Additional responsibilities
- Maintain compliance with VOA Michigan policies and procedures
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in a timely and orderly fashion so that VOA Michigan functions in the most efficient manner possible
- Other duties as assigned