You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Strategic Opportunities Manager at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Strategic Opportunities Manager, you'll provide sales support through the leadership of a cross-functional team in the Opportunity Room for a specific geographical region. You will direct and connect the best corporate resources to support each individual sales opportunity.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Coach Sales Representatives on how to best use corporate resources, creating superior results for the Opportunity Room and setting them up for success on future opportunities outside of the Opportunity Room.
- Communicate product trends and issues to Product Management to provide insight into future product development and enhancements.
- Develop and continuously improve Opportunity Room team processes, creating measurable results to report out to executive leadership.
- Develop and execute a strategic product approach for top opportunities by collaborating with Sales, Options, Product Management, Placemaking, and other Herman Miller departments.
- Connect with Product Management Teams to stay up-to-date on the latest product updates and new product developments.
- Lead daily team meetings with Contracts, Options, and Placemaking to ensure all parties are completing required tasks for key opportunities and thinking strategically for best-in-class results.
- Lead product presentations to customers in West Michigan and at customer sites as needed.
- Partner with the Area Vice President of Sales and Director of Contracts to identify the best opportunities for the team to support, then strategize with Contracts and executive leadership to develop ideal product and pricing approach for the key opportunities.
- Serve as the corporate liaison to the Sales Team for any resource needed, clearly communicating with leaders in Customer Marketing, Elements, Product Management, and other departments to ensure Opportunity Room needs are easy to understand and given top priority.
- Strategize with Sales leadership to define overarching sales strategies, pushing the Sales Team to think differently and utilize an Insight Selling approach.
- Take responsibility for product team deliverables, including value engineering and right product right price analysis, as well as pre-launch and developmental product needs.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Marketing. A Master's degree is preferred.
- Five to eight years of experience in product management or product marketing.
- Sales, marketing, customer-facing, contract furniture, or capital goods experience (preferred).
- Experience working in cross-functional team environments.
- A high level of written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate information, ideas, procedures, and processes in a logical sequence and at a level appropriate to the audience, resulting in effective working relationships.
- Mentoring and people development skills.
- The ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools current used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- An ability and willingness to travel to achieve business objectives.
- The ability to lead, influence, and solve problems.
- Strong overall manufacturing, finance, and business acumen.
- Project management skills.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.