The Food Service Back of House position prepares food items needed for all NMC food service locations. This position reports to the Executive Chef.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Prior cooking experience
- Weekend and evening availability
- Collects food and beverage products and small wares required for item preparation.
- Operates food production equipment according to manufacturers’ instructions.
- Carefully follows standard recipes while preparing assigned items for food service.
- Assists in the packaging of food items for dining service, delivery, and retail sales.
- Takes and prepares client food orders as needed.
- Handles leftover food items as instructed by the Executive Chef.
- Returns soiled food preparation utensils and small wares items to the proper areas.
- Cleans & sanitizes assigned workstation areas as required.
- Consistently uses safe and sanitary food handling practices.
- Assists in cleaning of kitchen equipment and dishwashing as directed by supervisor.
- Attends staff meetings as required.
- Additional related duties as assigned by supervisor.
The hourly wage for this position is temporarily set to $16.00/hour through December 31, 2021. At that time, compensation will be reevaluated.
All supplemental employees are eligible for retirement benefits and employer-provided match through the Michigan Public Schools Employee Retirement System (MPSERS) and paid sick leave.
This position will work part-time (maximum of 28 hours per week). This position offers consistent scheduling and flexible work hours with the expectations of some nights and weekends.
NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY NOTICE
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.