Indiana Packers Corporation Delphi, Indiana
Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is seeking a Controller to lead and direct our corporate functions. This position will develop and maintain accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The selected individual will act as a consultant for managers within the organization, advising them of current budgetary information and working with managers to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Audit the work of the accounting department.
- Work with and manage confidential data.
- Manage the accounting procedures of the company and ensure compliance.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborate with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, attendance, performance, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to staff.
- Special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Perform other tasks or duties as required or needed.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA designation
- 10+ years of accounting experience
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Flexibility to work overtime, including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office and accounting systems.
- Uphold company policies and ethical standards.
- Good leadership and motivational skills.
- Strong math, analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment requiring ability to sit, talk, hear, frequent walking, standing, and sitting; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Ability to use standard office equipment such as telephone, computer, and copier.
OUR COMPANY: INDIANA PACKERS CORPORATION
Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, food service and private label producer of fresh and processed meats company. IPC is majority owned, by Mitsubishi Corporation, Japan's largest trading company with more than 60,000 team members. As a company, we are growing; in the past five years, we've grown by more than 50% to almost 3,000 team members with 4 primary processing facilities. We value diversity, innovation, collaboration and those passionate about their jobs. Are you ready to step up to the challenge of launching your career with Indiana Packers?
OUR COMMUNITY: GREATER LAFAYETTE, INDIANA
Lafayette/West Lafayette, Indiana is in a prime location with easy and quick access to Chicago, Illinois and Indianapolis, Indiana. The area is home to Purdue University, ranked as the fifth best public university in the country according to the Wall Street Journal (2019). Two of the top five high schools in the state are located here, helping to fuel a great place to live for our team members with families. With an abundance of strong educational systems and a less than average cost of living, there is a lot to like about the area.
The city has also been recognized by Forbes Magazine as the #2 Small City for Business and careers. With a combined population of roughly 150,000, Lafayette/West Lafayette offers metropolitan amenities while maintaining its small-town charm. If you enjoy a larger city experience, you can be in downtown Indianapolis in an hour and downtown Chicago in two hours!
Indiana Packers Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and values diversity. Our EOE policy not only prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any protected category under state, local or federal law, but also reflects our commitment to making all employment decisions without regard to an individual's membership in a protected class. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, rates of pay and other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in company-sponsored employee activities. As part of its equal opportunity policy, we also take affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws to ensure that women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities have opportunities to join and progress within the Company.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://indianapackerscorp.applicantpool.com/jobs/935185-21876.html