Herman Miller Group is building a customer-centric, digitally enabled business model to reshape the way our family of brands does business. We're driving new revenue growth and creating frictionless internal processes through our innovative solutions, and we need a Senior Project Manager to help us get there!
Your future team manages a variety of projects across the organization that in the upcoming year could include the transformation of our Human Resources organization, the launch of a new eCommerce platform for contract customers, the remodel of our employee workplace, or the modernization of our manufacturing systems and processes. This position offers variety and exposure to all functions and brands across the organization, working on exciting projects that are moving Herman Miller forward in the marketplace. There are great opportunities for growth alongside a strong, supportive team of project management peers.
Why Join Us?
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It's the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Herman Miller Group means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We create places where people love to be, places that reflect who they are, places that truly matter to people. And our success allows Herman Miller Group to support causes that align with our values, so we can help create a more equitable and sustainable future for all.
Inside the Job
Your day-to-day work will involve:
- Assist project sponsors: You'll structure the project for success with the right resources, tools, and methodologies from kickoff through implementation
- Tracking progress: You'll gather input on how the project is tracking toward the plan through regular status meetings, review of the project schedule, and monitoring of tasks
- Identifying issues: You'll identify key risks and issues with the project and create a mitigation plan
- Reporting regularly: You'll update project status to leadership, project team, and vested stakeholders using the appropriate level of detail and candor based on each group's individual needs
What You Bring
Needed skills and experience for this role include:
- Bachelor's degree
- Seven to ten years of work experience
- Experience managing large, complex global projects critical to corporate strategy
- Strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to speak truth to power
- Ability to build relationships and communicate across diverse project teams at all levels
- Ability to navigate organizational structure to get the proper people engaged and informed
- Ability to help the team work through interpersonal conflict to keep project moving
- Ability to hold people accountable to plan (highly responsive and strong follow through on questions and tasks)
- Ability to provide leadership, encouragement, guidance, and support to diverse and dispersed teams
- Ability to partner with and monitor external consultants and vendors in the oversight of the project
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.