WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
This position delivers products to customers from Sherwin-Williams paint stores. It is responsible for ensuring that deliveries are prepared to meet customer requirements in the most efficient manner. This involves loading customer orders properly on the truck, ensuring that appropriate forms are completed, following designated routes and time schedules from a mobile device, and delivering merchandise to the customer in a safe and timely manner. Lead Delivery Drivers assist Terminal Managers with fleet/vehicle maintenance, vehicle registrations and compliance, ordering vehicle equipment and interviewing new drivers. It is also involved in training new drivers, including having them ride with the Lead Delivery Driver, conducting device training and instruction on vehicle inspection reports. This position will assist with terminal and district driver scheduling and conduct quarterly safety training. Lead Delivery Drivers may also be called upon to perform other tasks as needed, including warehouse duties, tinting and mixing customer orders and waiting on customers in our paint stores.
* Must have the authorization to work in this country without visa sponsorship.
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Must have a valid and unrestricted driver's license, and an acceptable driving record from the State Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
* Must be able to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently.
* Must be able to tint paint, therefore, must have good color perception.
* Must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
* Must have a current Medical Examiner's Certificate (ME Certificate) from a Department of Transportation (DOT) licensed "medical examiner" listed on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) National Registry. If you are selected for this position and do not have a current ME Certificate, you must be able to obtain one within five business days of receiving a conditional offer of employment.
* Experience in a delivery, retail sales or customer service position.
* Prior experience with interviewing and training drivers.
* Prior experience with conducting driver safety training.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-LANSING
USA MI Lansing 701263
1137 Haco Dr
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Inclusion and Diversity Supportive Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.