Accounts Payable Representative - FT (M-F 1st Shift) - NCF Marne
Are you looking for a great place to work and a career that will allow you to have a healthy work/life balance? Join our team at Natural Choice Foods, a family-owned company servicing wholesale and retail stores throughout the Midwest.
Natural Choice Foods Values:
- Customer Focused
- Act with a Sense of Urgency
- Quality Focused
- Collaboration & Teamwork
Here are just some of what NCF has to offer:
- We offer competitive pay
- Health, dental, and vision coverage available on your first day of employment
- Life insurance
- 401(k) available at 6 months, including a company match
- Incentive Plan
- Weekly pay
- Employee discounts
As an Accounts Payable Representative, you will perform various accounts payable functions including matching invoices and receivers, voucher entry, researching vendor discrepancies, and reconciliations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares invoices for processing, matching to receiving paperwork, coding, and searching for any errors.
- Communication with vendors to resolve discrepancies.
- Works with warehouse/receiving and Inventory departments to resolve discrepancies.
- Maintains open communication with purchasing department personnel.
- Works closely with Accounts Receivable Specialist and other internal team members to resolve billing issues
- Keeps an accurate log of all a/p exceptions and steps taken to resolve.
- Enter voucher for invoices.
- Assures timely entry of invoices to avoid late payment consequences.
- Performs month-end accounts payable duties.
- Engages in continuous improvement of accounting processes.
- Creates and maintains a positive relationship with vendors.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and company meetings.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Skilled with time management and prioritizing tasks.
- Vendor relationships
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
The work is generally performed in an office environment. Frequent telephone and computer use required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential tasks
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Typical days/hours of work will be Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm however some flexibility may be required.
Required Education Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years’ experience in accounting, accounts payable.
- Displays excellent time management skills
- Detail-oriented, accurate with good organizational skills
- High aptitude for numbers and data analysis,
- Quick learner
- Problem solver
- Possess the ability to add and subtract numbers and to multiply and divide
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with manufacturing/Warehouse accounting and ERP systems preferred
Preferred Educational Skills and Qualifications:
- QuickBooks experience
- Entree experience and knowledge of warehousing is a plus
Equal Employment Policy
Natural Choice Foods/Daily Deals Food Outlet hiring and employment practices are based on job qualifications, performance, and/or conduct without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, height, weight, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.