P.J. Wallbank Springs, Inc. invites you to apply to our Maintenance Technician position.
We are a company with a wonderful heritage, commitment to our Port Huron community, and a vision for our future. We live by our core values and we are seeking to add to our team of people that want to be a part of a great community and looking for more than just a paycheck.
What you can expect:
We manufacture spring packs in a high-volume assembly operation. This is a repetitive, machine paced environment!
You will work at your own individual workstation, not an assembly line. This is interesting for those who like to run like your own shop, but it requires initiative and motivation.
This position requires standing on your feet throughout the shift.
We have a seniority-based job selection model, where each day you might be working on a different machine and are subject to move around based on production needs. This requires adaptability and patience since some of the machines are easier than others.
We work diligently and customer demand predicts our working schedules. You will make an overtime incentive after 40 hours of work during a week.
The current opening we are considering is 2nd shift:
- Second Shift - Starts at 1:50 pm and ends at 10:05 pm if there is no overtime. If there is overtime, the shift ends at 12:05 am.
- Responsible for ensuring Quality, Production and Scrap are at World Class levels
- Maximize machine uptime and operator efficiency by demonstrating a high touch customer service approach to machine operators
- Responsible for preventive and predictive maintenance
- Responsible for troubleshooting
- Responsible for machine changeovers
- Responsible for machine repair
- Responsible for maintaining and improving current manufacturing processes/machine operability
- Responsible for maintaining process documentation
Desired Job Requirements
- High level of aptitude in hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical knowledge (ability to read schematics, wiring experience)
- Understands and performs root cause analysis to troubleshoot and diagnose machine issues
- Ability to read and understand detailed technical drawings and specification
- Assembly experience
- Strong knowledge of maintenance and quality processes
- Effective planning and organizational skills, ability to complete assignments and meet deadlines
- Computer knowledge in MS Office and Outlook
- Electrical and PLC certification (preferred)
Performance Objectives and Measurables
- Engages positively and proactively with all maintenance personnel to ensure all interactions with maintenance personnel as well as all PJWS team members project the PJWS one team focus and customer service approach
- Performance of Maintenance Responsibilities
- Positive and proactive response to all machine’s challenges. Responsible for a positive response to co-workers requiring assistance within three (3) minutes of contact for machine challenges.
- Performance of audits to predict and prevent machine issues. 100% responsible to ensure the manufacturing production area operates at machine capacity across all shifts
- Performs set-ups, changeovers, and teardowns in accordance with PJWS standards and instructions with completion within the target time frame
- Complete all task management tasks within defined parameters of the developed task
- Perform all assigned responsibilities without error and within time constraints of shift
- Achieve expert proficiency in PJWS spring manufacturing and manufacturing process proficiency – 1 year
* P.J. Wallbank Springs, Inc is an equal opportunity employer