Position- CNC Machining Center Operator II
This job requires knowledge of machining techniques and methods and familiarity with computer numerically controlled machine tool operating procedures, plus the ability to follow written instructions and read blueprint. Sets up, adjusts and checks out programming, and operates numerically
controlled machine tools to perform a series of progressive machining operations on repetitive work to close and exacting tolerances and finish specifications requiring considerable skill. Works from programming instructions, operational data and machine setup instructions defining and coding tool arrangements, material clamping methods, machine calibrations and console settings, for operations such as bore, mill, drill, face, thread and occasional profiling and contouring. Checks parts for conformance to specifications. Operators may run more than one unit simultaneously.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing Daily Schedule with Program Manager
- Addressing any roadblocks, information, or questions you have with meeting your daily production goal
- Reviewing any changes to standard programs that may look incorrect or have been overlooked in the past
- Working with Program manager on any Sample, Custom, or Protype projects coming through.
- Working with Manufacturing Supervisor on these items:
- Machine issues
- Dispatch list completion or concerns of meeting daily requirements.
- All Employees from time to time will be required to work in other areas then their own
- We are one team here at The Worden Group and our first responsibility is to our customers
- All employees when being moved will report to the direct Line Lead/Team Lead/ Supervisor in said area.
- You will be required to meet the same standards in the department you will be working in for that day. Please work with the managers in this area so that you understand the SOP’s of this area.
- Reviewing programs with program manager that maybe new or changed that may alarm the operator
- Maintain your area to the 5’s standard
- Work with Program Manager to test any new tooling requirements.
- Quality checks
- Responsibilities include
- Address and report any poor quality which includes information.
- All prototypes, samples, and custom product must receive extra attention.
- Work with program manager
- Standard product follow first/last pass inspection.
- 5+ years’ experience in CNC Operation and/or programming
- Engineering experience, CNC Operator, and Auto Cad/ CNC programing software are acceptable.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to do frequent lifting
- Ability to stand long periods of time
- Excellent in attendance