Position- Building/ Grounds Maintenance Mechanic
The job involves Planning and performing work relating to repair of buildings, mechanical and/or electrical equipment, installing and aligning new equipment, and repairing building, floors, stairs, Etc. Works independently on projects of greater complexity and may provide direction to an assistant or to less experienced maintenance staff. This is not a janitor job even though janitor duties may be preformed a minor amount of time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and plan all facility maintenance, both internal and external labor and services including contractor service and labor for routine preventative maintenance and repairs
- Supervise and coordinate maintenance activities with team members effected areas of work to be done.
- Responsible for 99% inventory accuracy, control of spare parts checkout/usage and ensuring the system is used correctly.
- Supervise and manage all machinery improvements.
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance.
- Develop and implement training programs.
- Ensure all Maintenance Trainees are appropriately trained and receive proper skill set to preform maintenance activities.
- Institute safety, fundamentals, documentation and general 5S into all repairs and projects.
- Maintain time and work order records.
- Perform activities of workers supervised as necessary.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Handle Vacation/Time Off request for direct reports
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This Job Requires a technical degree or equivalent, and 5 + years of experience
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office applications-Word and Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must have basic electrical and hydraulic knowledge, mechanical aptitude, and ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Must also have good people skills, good time management skills, and the ability to train and lead Team Members.