Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements)
- Must have High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training/certificate program. Certification as CMA or RMA.
- At least two (2) years of experience as a, Medical Assistant, LPN or in additional areas of patient health care in a clinical setting.
- Must have thorough education or training in the basics of medical terminology.
- Proficiency in the operation of computer hardware and software including Microsoft programs, email accounts, etc.
- Ability to maintains strict confidentiality
- Ability to use good reasoning and judgment and react calmly in emergency situations
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions in a medical practice setting.
- Current American Heart Association BLS Course for HealthCare Providers
- Physical Demands:
- Required to stand, sit, talk, type, read and hear
- Required to use hands and arms to handle, feel, carry and work
- Required to frequently stand, walk, bend, kneel, and rise from a kneeling position while performing patient care
- Required to be independently mobile, with frequent bending and reaching overhead for activities such as positioning and transferring of patients and equipment
- Must be able to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.