Position Summary – Tool & Die Repair
Analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit / assemble parts to repair dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools.
- Observes and complies with all safety, environmental, regulatory, and statutory requirements with this job description.
- Complete repairs on dies in the press.
- Select metals to be used from a range of metals and alloys, based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance.
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools using machines and hand tools.
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools using scrapers, emery cloths or power grinders.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
- Must be able to understand and follow written and verbal workplace instructions.
- Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position description as directed by the supervisor/manager.
- Active Journeyman card (preferred).
- Four-years’ experience with approved trade school.
- Must be self-motivated and have a strong attention to detail.
- Experience setting dies in a metal stamping environment (required).
Paid time off/ 10 Paid holidays/ 100% Paid tuition, fees, and books/ Paid life insurance/ 401(k) match
ACEMCO Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.