This is for our 3rd shift opportunities. The Quality Technician will support the activities of the Quality Engineers, Materials, Technical, and Production teams with day-to-day factory floor activities and issues with customers and suppliers. Quality Technicians will use training, data and observation to continuously improve our processes to reduce risk and provide quality products to customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct inspections and monitoring on all needed production processes or incoming supplied parts or customer returns.
· Inspect products and processes using gauges, coordinate measuring machine (CMM), C3 Contaminant Testing, SPI, AOI, scales, oscilloscope and vision prior to shipment as needed.
· Use data collection and analysis of trends to make improvements and reduce risk to our customers.
· Keep all gauges and test machines used for monitoring quality calibrated and properly maintained.
· Support the Quality Engineers with containment and problem solving for both external and internal issues including sorting, rework, customer visits. (8D or other problem solving process)
· Complete Continuous Improvement projects as assigned to increase quality, reduce variation, reduce waste and cost in our processes.
· Support the Statistical Process Control (SPC), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA), and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) Core Tools as requested to ensure that all requirements of new or changed parts or processes are understood and addressed and those quality requirements are defined and communicated to suppliers.
· Understand and apply sampling, non-conforming material control, and auditing as needed.
· All other duties as assigned by Quality Engineer or Quality Manager
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· College or certifications courses a plus
· At least 1 year of experience in a Quality role
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· IATF 16949:2016 or ISO 9001:2015 experience/knowledge, electronics, IPC, PCB, IATF or ISO Auditor, ability to understand GD&T or read blueprints.
· Competent in basic quality tools such as statistical process control techniques, GR&R, GD&T and print reading.
· Good understanding calibration/use of gages, problem solving, and continual improvement methods and processes.
· Ability to operate or learn how to program computer-aided inspection equipment or electronics testers and maintain uniformity in programming methods.
· Strive for excellent customer service internally and externally, maintain an attitude of learning, and be able to train others with quality tools and knowledge.