GENERAL FUNCTION: Performs a wide range of duties related to the closing and funding of conventional, construction, and government residential mortgage loans. Responsible for preparing closing documents, funding the loan, and closing and auditingthemostcomplex loans. Takes on a senior role related to the closing-funding process and assists in training new hires in the function.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensuresthatactions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank#s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and audit closing documents in a timely manner.
- Ensure the data integrity on processing/closing system is accurate.
- Communicate with escrow/title companies, loan originators, and other parties to ensure all conditions and regulatory requirements are met prior to funding. Obtain or request missing conditions.
- Review signed closing documents to approve the funding of the loan.
- Prepare for the disbursement of funds as per the terms of the transaction.
- Perform various post closing tasks such as: Auditing closed files, creating delivery-servicing packages, follow-up to internal and external customers for needed documents and insurance, and ensuring all required documents are present in filepriortoshipping to Central Files.
- Actively participate in ongoing efforts to continually improve customer service for internal and external customers.
- Responsible for appropriate section of HMDA Worksheet.
- Review funding reports to ensure loans are funded within appropriate timeframes.
- Review exception reports to ensure all tasks are completed.
- Assist in training new hires.
- Take an active role as an escalation point within the team based on experience/knowledge.
- Maintain knowledge of Fifth Third Mortgage Company's policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
High school diploma or equivalent.
One to three years previous Closing experience required.
Extensive knowledge of real estate documentation requirements and the closing process.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong PC skills (MS Office) required
Must have experience with Mortgage origination systems, platforms tools and technology.
Demonstrated organizational skills.
Demonstrated teamwork and customer service skills.
Demonstrated leadership skills.