The Waste Water Operator controls water flows and processes through plant equipment and in biological systems. Performs test, maintenance, etc. to insure proper operation of all waste water related equipment. Other duties as assigned by Plant Manager.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Perform and interpret analytical tests and observations necessary to monitor and control the treatment process.
- Perform and interpret standard bacteriological examinations.
- Perform required analytical methods process controls tests within acceptable quality control standards.
- Collect water and waste water samples from the wastewater control plant.
- Perform calculations, keep required records and utilize computer software.
- Chemical inventory and addition throughout waste water treatment processes.
- Maintain proper operation of DAF.
- Control flows throughout wastewater treatment processes.
- Daily clean foot valves and flow meters at pump stations.
- Monitor aerator and mixers.
- Responsible for the proper operation of disinfection system.
- Apply chemicals to sustain a minimum of a 24 hour period.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 1-year prior experience in a rendering facility or production environment.
- Willing to obtain wastewater certificate.
- One or more years of experience in a chemistry, microbiology, biochemistry or related field preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and stay busy with constructive work with little supervision.
- Good with math.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Frequently lifts up to 10 lbs.
- Frequent walking, standing, stooping, bending, climbing, pulling, pushing and crawling.
Outside in all types of weather. Hot and humid in plant. In and around and working with moving parts and equipment.
Darling Ingredients is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status