Join a team that improves patient outcomes, through innovative and flexible solutions to the acute care market! When you work for Skytron, you get so much more than a job, including:
- Comprehensive benefits, beginning Day One
- Annual Pool Bonus
- Paid vacation, personal days, and holidays
- 401(k) and Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Onsite gym
- FaFamily-ownednd operated business
As a Field Service Technician, you will:
- Install equipment using procedures set by manufacturer specifications.
- Inspect and test malfunctioning medical and related equipment (surgical lights, tables, and booms), using test and analysis instruments.
- Disassemble malfunctioning equipment and repair or replace defective mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical parts.
- Remotely perform service work by providing telephone, remote technical support, and remote diagnostics to external healthcare customers to resolve customer equipment issues and initiate escalation, if appropriate.
- Maintain factory certification and proficiency on all servicing product lines.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain fiber optic low voltage, and media cables. Measure signal strength to ensure adequate performance.
- Generate revenue growth by offering solutions aligned with the service portfolio.
- Perform all administrative duties within Skytron’s quality management system timeframes including service work orders, expense reports, preventative maintenance, installation documents, site and service documentation, and other related paperwork.
- Be required to travel up to 75 percent of the time.
- Be flexible in working hours as this position will require customer support during non-regular business hours, mandatory overtime on short notice, and/or weekend work as necessary.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position.
For success in this role, you will:
- Capably handle required administrative functions.
- Understand and apply knowledge to install, diagnose, and repair medical devices and equipment.
- Verify work to ensure accurate results.
- Follow work instructions, procedures, safety guidelines, and company policies.
- Meet productivity standards, deadlines, and project schedules.
- Communicate effectively with various levels of employees and customers, both verbally and in writing.
- Be internally motivated and work well with minimal supervision.
- Be flexible in working hours, including mandatory overtime on short notice and/or weekends, as needed.
- Devise workable solutions or consult with secondary resources to devise solutions.
- Possess a working knowledge of hydraulic and AC/DC electrical systems, functions, and uses.
- Have previous mechanical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting experience.
- Have previous experience related to video and communication media.
- Maintain a good driving record and valid driver’s license.
- Be subject to background checks and credentialing.
- Have a HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Read and interpret schematics and site drawings, without assistance.
- Understand and apply hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical theory to install, diagnose, and repair equipment, including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment.