Head Cook-FT (Temp position)
Grand Rapids, MI.
Providence Life Services offers a full range of services for families who need retirement living, assisted living, rehab, skilled nursing, and more. Providence Life Services has been serving seniors in a Christian environment for over 100 years!
Be a part of our Grand Rapids, Michigan campus of Emerald Meadows, specializing in Assisted Living and Memory Care. We are currently seeking a Full-time (temp position) Head Cook candidate. This is an excellent career opportunity for individuals who are truly passionate about providing care for the elderly!
The responsibilities would be preparing and serving palatable, nutritionally balanced, quality food to residents as directed by the Culinary Services Director. The primary purpose of this full-time supervisory-level and career growth position will be responsible for planning and directing food preparation in the kitchen. This will involve a large degree of supervising other kitchen staff, as well as maintaining food quality, presentation, and services.
As the Cook you will be responsible for the food production in your kitchen(s). This Cook plays an integral role in managing the food production operations while ensuring client and customer service. This successful culinary leader must have the ability to work in a diverse work environment while remaining focused on client and customer satisfaction.
Hours available: Hours vary
Including every other weekends and some Holidays.
will be anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months with possibility of permanent Cook position
Summary of essential job functions
• Responsible for food preparation and service; set-up and cleaning of all dining and kitchen facilities; support and assist in resident food service.
• Help in the preparation and design of all food and drink menus.
• Produce high quality plates, both design and taste wise.
• Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards.
• Fill in for the Director of Dinning in planning and directing food preparation when necessary.
• Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation.
• Manage, train and mentor kitchen staff.
• As requested, order supplies to stock inventory appropriately.
• Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards.
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
• Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
• Must be ServSafe Certified.
• Compassionate and empathetic personality.
• Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of 50 pounds to a minimum height of 3 feet.