WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
GENERAL PURPOSE : Work within a team to complete carton production processes by folding and gluing the final product. Set up and maintain the folder/gluer to produce pharmaceutical cartons, sleeves, and folders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Locates and loads proper stock in preparation for operation.
- Prepares make-ready feeder, prefold, glue system, final fold, delivery, stacker, pack station and inspection system.
- Operates folder/gluer in accordance with customer specifications and current standard operating procedures.
- Ensures total quality of the job while in operation.
- Packages finished product.
- Maintains the machine and area for cleanliness and organization in compliance with standard operation procedures.
- Demonstrates competency in all basic folds: straight-line, lock-bottom, inner partition, and 5th panels.
- Ensures on-time product delivery.
- Regularly rotates between different folder/gluer positions to maintain proper cross training.
- Provides support to meet department and company objectives
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to work well in a high pressure environment.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to pay high attention to detail.
- Must maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Folder Gluer Operator