This Job Description applies to the Lakewood plant of Adient. Position supports the technical team and plant operations; actualschedule is subject to modification based on need.
The Weld Engineer is responsible for:
- Supervising and engaging in activities of the technical support team (weld techs) to support 3 distinct welding technologies within the current process portfolio:
- Laser welding (automated equipment)
- GMAW (both automated robotic cells and manual for repair processes)
- Projection Welding (automated equipment)
- Process monitoring and data recording.
- Fixture adjustments required to meet product dimensional targets.
- Weld program changes as required to maintain acceptable level up of weld performance.
- Interact with other engineering support and maintenance to react to unscheduled equipment issues (i.e., breakdowns) and perform necessary diagnostics and repairs.
- Reaction to discovery from C.C.T. lab results and quality department audits of process capabilitydeviations.
- Support of non-automated repair processes (i.e., off-line weld repair processes)
- Project/Development work and delegation to the technical support team as assigned.
- Serves as champion of Pre-Launch Team of all new programs.
- Participates in selecting, approving, and developing tooling and equipment to satisfy welding requirements and product design intent.
- Maintains welding process flow, PFMEA, process books
- Safety: Study, institute and maintain efficient and safe work practices, procedures, facilities; by coordinating with the Human Relations Department and Manufacturing Engineering Department and keep them abreast of all safety and efficiency requirements to maintain an accident-free, high efficiency plant operation
* BSWE/WET preferred but will consider definitive experience with automatedwelding processes. (definitive is defined as 7 - 10 years minimum, in support ofsimilar equipment and processes employed at Adient).
* Must be physically capable of performing typical maintenance and engineering activities.
* Equipment troubleshooting, weld fixture adjustments and weld programming are dailyactivities. Must be able to use simple hand tools effectively.
* Need basic understanding of 2D dimensional product prints. Basic understanding of GD&Tis preferred.
* Solid electrical background, up through 480V, 3 with specific experience on motors, motor starters and drives. Also need working knowledge of NEC codes.
* Basic computer skills must include use of standard Microsoft Office products for typicalcommunication needs.
* Needs to be 'hands on' at fixing problems
* Weld robot troubleshooting and repair (Training at Fanuc, Moto Man and other manufactures)
* Weld robot programming (Training at Fanuc, moto Man and other manufactures)
* AWS training certification (Certified Weld Inspector)
* Can establish and modify weld schedules/parameters
* Be able to weld by hand
* Must have 5+ years manufacturing experience
* Experience in a High-Volume Automotive Manufacturing environment is a must.
* Prior supervisory experience with technical resources is preferred.
* Must be able to evaluate,discipline and mentor those responsible for in an effective manner.
* Experienced at weld fixture design
Adient is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email email@example.com.