Job Summary: (This position is on 2nd shift)
This specification defines the steps required to perform the duties of Senior Process Technician
- Work safely by following all rules, processes and procedures established by the plant management team.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for assigned work area.
- Follow Lockout Tagout (LOTO) process at all times when entering the robot cell.
- Responsible for troubleshooting basic processing quality issues.
- Responsible for maintaining the molding schedule as mandated by the molding supervisor including coordinating and participating in tool changes to meet company standards.
- Responsible for daily set-up and monitoring of the E Darts and IMM processing parameters on production injection molding equipment.
- Responsible for restarting/homing robotic cells and troubleshooting issues.
- Responsible for verifying 5s standards are maintained throughout molding.
- Responsible for mentoring and assisting junior process technicians
- Responsible for recognizing basic issues with the mold prior and during setting tool.
- Responsible for ensuring daily production key measure (e.g. quality, efficiency, safety, production quantities, scrap, etc.) for injection molding operations are met.
- Works on floor completing technical daily injection molding processing duties.
- Supports PE in development of process parameters and process improvements.
- Develops plans for injection molding process improvement and will have specific areas of accountability in its execution.
- Assures housekeeping standards are met.
- Create and maintain an environment for a safe and healthy workforce.
- Maintain and monitor BOS Processes and Documentation throughout molding.
- Maintain and monitor ISO 14001 environmental system.
- Responsible for keeping all machines producing quality product.
- Empowered with the ability to stop the flow of production to correct quality issues and document any findings and/or adjustments on designated form(s).
- Verify process parameters are setup to establish book settings and alert supervisor or process Engineer immediately to establish Deviation Authorization and quality hold on parts.
- Setup Project Arrow parameters including IMM tool, Robot EOAT, resin, colorant, etc…to enable the IMM to operate.
- Verify all auxiliary equipment is set up correctly (Blender, grinder, robot, automation cell, belt conveyor, etc)
- Verify the press and area surrounding are clean to the 5s standard.
- Perform daily process and product quality checks
- Responsible to complete tool change sheets.
- Maintaining the IMM process log.
- Work with the Quality department to improve process control.
- Trouble-shoot processing problems; including normal adjustments and checks.
- Responsible to assure scrap issues are addressed and fixed in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor and/or Process Engineer
- Ability to lift approximately 60 pounds and carry for a distance of 30-50 feet.
- Ability to lift approximately 45 pounds to a height of 4-5 feet.
- Ability to stand for 3-4 hours before a break.
- Ability to work overtime with little or no warning.
- Ability to work any shift.
- Ability to sit or stand for 2-3 hours before a break.
- Ability to work safely around heavy machinery and heavy equipment.
- Ability to work in extreme conditions of heat (90-115 degrees).
- Ability to safely open and close a door on an injection molding machine.