Description You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Retail Operations Manager at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Retail Operations Manager, you'll develop, build, and manage the pre- and post-operations for our Herman Miller Retail customers, including Herman Miller Consumer, Design Within Reach, and our Wholesale partners. You will lead the Retail Operations team and help architect the customer service and support strategy, systems, and operational processes, including potential future service and support offerings. You'll rely on your extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. You will provide strong leadership, service strategy, and operational expertise to best serve the needs of our direct customers and Wholesale partners from the point of order entry through the warranty lifetime of the product.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Create and maintain an "easy to do business with" organization for our customers and business partners.
- Define and develop required infrastructure and measurement/metrics systems to manage function and measure/report performance, service levels, and financial costs/ROI.
- Develop a strategy and plan for order entry, service and support model, and operations; including warranty and product repair for Wholesale partners and Herman Miller Consumer.
- Ensure supervision and coverage across all hours, including weekends and holidays as needed based on continued Retail expansion and growth.
- Lead the Retail Operations function and staff to deliver exceptional customer experiences and develop relationships with current and potential customers and Wholesale partners to drive satisfaction.
- Manage existing Retail contracts and inclusions/exclusions lists tied to Retail promotional periods. You will be responsible for auditing the proper use and creation of new contracts as business needs grow and expand.
- Provide advanced expertise in Omni, Business Objects, Lotus Notes, Salesforce, Netsuite, and other Herman Miller operating systems.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, assistance, and advice to team members.
- Serve as the conduit between IT Resources and Wholesale partners, as well as our direct business needs tied to EDI integration to support the transfer of automated order entry.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to create a feedback loop fostering continuous improvement in all aspects of the business.
- Write and manage internal policies and procedures to effectively deliver customer-centric experiences while focusing on the overall expense to the business.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field, or relevant experience.
- The ability to define and execute strategies which result in major positive impact on the business and customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge in retail operations systems, infrastructure, reporting, and metrics business management.
- A leadership style that reflects creative and innovative thinking, performing as a team player, and is service-oriented.
- Excellent project, program, and time management skills and the ability to organize and assist professionals in the prioritization of workload.
- The ability to be self-motivated and to influence and motivate others on customer satisfaction, change, and new business strategies.
- Professional communication, negotiation, listening, empathy, and conflict resolution skills to deal with individual contacts from various levels and locations (both internal and external) and to present a positive image both within the corporation and to the public.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong strategic/development skills and business acumen coupled with an attention to detail and proven operational/execution capabilities.
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to use data to model, plan, and operate/manage.
- A results-focused orientation with a proven track record demonstrating those results.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Regular
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Holland