Waupaca Foundry is looking for dedicated employees to join its skilled workforce in Ironwood, MI.
This is an entry-level position for new hires joining the company. Individuals hired as a Grinding Operator will be assigned to a production or service department, to train and acquire the necessary skills and work pace to advance to a department-specific job classification. The position often requires weekend work and/or mandatory overtime. All Grinding Operator assignments are considered to be heavy industrial and are repetitive in nature.
Earn an average of $18/hour with an elite benefit package that includes competitive insurance plans, vacation after 90 days of employment, 11 paid holidays, traditional 401K and Roth 401K options, and also deposits 6% of your gross annual pay into a retirement account for you with zero contribution from the employee. We’d value the opportunity to share more of Waupaca Foundry’s benefits package with you in person.
- Successfully complete safety training, and demonstrate the ability to comply with departmental safety policy and guidelines
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize process control documents and Departmental Work Instructions (DWIs)
- Participate in WF’s 6-S Program (housekeeping)
- Successfully complete training in WF’s ISO 14001 Environmental Certification
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain a work pace consistent with the company’s goal of on-time delivery
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Operating hand tools, machines and other equipment
- Visually inspect products for defects
- Solid work history
- Good oral communications
- Understanding and following instructions
- Dependable and responsible
- Positive work attitude
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule
- Ability to work without supervision
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, pre-employment drug screen, a pre-employment physical, and a job function test.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.