Job Title: LABORER
Bouma Construction provides Design Build, construction management and general contracting services on commercial projects. Started as a family business in 1950, Bouma focused on growing its business in the West Michigan area. With a corporate office in Grand Rapids, Michigan and a branch office in Traverse City, Michigan, we have grown to nearly 300 employees working across the United States.
Under general supervision is responsible for performing a variety of unskilled and skilled tasks; works as a member of a crew engaged in construction tasks and other related assigned duties.
Performs routine manual work on job sites for customers interior and exterior builds.
- Manual labor including lifting and carrying heavy objects.
- Sweeping, debris removal, general housekeeping of the work site
- Manually moving and transporting equipment and materials
- Holding objects for skilled trade craftsman, such as assisting with positioning of materials.
- Operators hand tools and various motorized equipment.
- Assist with construction and disassemble of ladders, scaffolding, and other temporary structures
- Understands and follows company policies and safety procedures.
- Work has a professional level of quality and accuracy that is consistent with Bouma's goals
- Exercises good interpersonal skills by gladly assisting others to accomplish the work of the organization, even if outside the scope of regular duties.
- Works with Job Leader to ensure overall job site safety.
- Ability to work in elevated areas, confined spaces, extreme weather, and on and off ladders
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow oral and/or written instructions by supervisors, and establish effective working relationship with other employees, officials, and the general public.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Is dependable and reliable, ability to work overtime as necessary
- Has reliable transportation to worksites
- Ability to use hand and power tools