Downtown Grand Rapids Ambassador team is searching for Landscape Laborers to make downtown Grand Rapids beautiful! Driver's License required. Landscape or horitculure experience preferred.
This is not just another landscape job - we want you to enjoy what you do and we offer paid vacation within your first year!
PAY & BENEFITS
- $17.50 hourly
- Weekly Pay
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Sick Time (after 90 days)
- Vacation Time (after 120 days)
- Health, Vision, Dental
- Bonuses for Referrals & Recognition
- Full-time & part-time positions
- One weekend day required
- 1st shift - 6:00a-2:30p
Responsible for preparation and maintenance of planters and plants. Provide additional landscaping duties in the district as assigned.
- MAINTENANCE –Provide planter maintenance to include watering, fertilizing, pruning, replacement of vandalized or dead materials and any other task necessary to keep the planters and plant materials looking beautiful.
- HOSPITALITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE – While within the district actively acknowledge pedestrians with a friendly greeting or identify visitors in order to provide directions, information, city information or recommendations.
- REPORTING – Must be able to provide written reports accomplishments and tasks completed in English
- PROFESSIONALISM – Maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures and overall Block by Block standards of expected professionalism.
- CLEAN MI DRIVER’S LICENSE
- EXPERIENCE – Previous experience involving knowledge of terminology, tools and equipment used in the horticulture field.
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY – must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy items (up to 50lb unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. Must be able to safely operate a variety of mechanically powered rolling equipment, and manual and electric hand tools used in horticulture.
Block by Block is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
COVID-19 considerations: We utilize all PPE's and train for safety. Always have and always will put safety first for our Ambassadors and the public. We are famous for our culture of safety.