The Herman Miller Group Technology Team is building a customer-centric, digitally enabled business model to reshape the way our family of brands does business. We're driving new revenue growth and creating frictionless internal processes through our innovative technology solutions, and we need an Information Security Architect to help us get there!
In this role, you will collaborate with various enterprise IT teams to ensure projects and technology initiatives are performed according to cybersecurity standards. You will also advise IT partners, business stakeholders, and global colleagues regarding cybersecurity practices and initiatives. You're a great fit for this role if you're experienced in information security, application security, cloud methodologies, security risk assessments, and security architecture. Technical capabilities aside, if you're a mission-driven self-starter who's comfortable with ambiguity, and who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative culture, you're a perfect fit for Herman Miller.
Why Join Us?
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It's the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Herman Miller Group means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We create places where people love to be, places that reflect who they are, places that truly matter to people. And our success allows Herman Miller Group to support causes that align with our values, so we can help create a more equitable and sustainable future for all.
Inside the Job
Your day-to-day work will involve:
- Making an impact: Help change the security posture of the organization and develop enterprise perspectives on cybersecurity's contribution to our success
- Handling incidents: Provide timely handling from detection, identification, correlation, and alerting through final resolution
- Resolving incidents: Work with business and IT stakeholders to resolve cybersecurity incidents and vulnerability compliance
- Penetration testing: Conduct and/or support authorized penetration testing
- Managing security: Perform technical and non-technical cybersecurity reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop security risk management plans
- Mitigating risk: Develop security standards and controls to mitigate risk
- Assessing and prioritizing: Conduct system, network, embedded device, IoT, and application vulnerability assessments and direct the prioritization of remediation efforts with business and IT stakeholders
- Handling intrusions: Identify, capture, contain, and report malware and active intrusions
- Making recommendations: Analyze and report organization security posture trends and make recommendations to leadership
What You Bring
Needed skills and experience for this role include:
- A Bachelor's degree in an Information Security-related field
- 10 years of progressive cybersecurity experience that encompasses the complexities of global, manufacturing, retail, and eCommerce environments
- Experience in the following areas: Cloud-native architectures, AWS, VPC, Security Groups, IoT, IAM, Docker, Encryption, HTTPS, TLS Certificates, API Gateway, Lambda, Egress proxies, application security, domain segmentation, authentication, data protection, and automation of processes
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate on cybersecurity matters with business and IT stakeholders
- Demonstrated application of system, network, and OS hardening techniques
- Experience identifying cybersecurity and privacy issues that stem from connections with internal and external customers and partner organizations
- Ability to design and evaluate the adequacy of countermeasures to identified security risks
- Experience designing incident response for hybrid computing service models
- Preferred certifications include: Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), CompTIA Security+, Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.