CMM Programmer / Layout Technician
Assures that products,Duties and Responsibilities
tooling and processes produced at Pace Industries comply to customer and
internal specifications. Works effectively with engineers, inspectors,
supervisors and production associates to report quality issues, achieve team
objectives and promote quality principles by participating in root cause
- Setup and run CMM machines
- Review reports for all Spec Conditions and react to questionable of
or out of spec conditions
- Main Production Responsibilities:
- Keep CNC Machines running
- Complete BOS as prescribed
- Gather / Organize data for Engineers
- Perform hourly production checks as with other layout
- Perform addition checks that require all lab equipment to
complete PPAP requirements
- Keep the area clean and lube the CMM machines and equipment in the
- Perform CMM calibration
- Perform and complete First Piece requirements per PCG procedures
- Root cause analysis and implementation of correction action for
process/product related concerns.
- Assist Quality Manager in establishing, implementing and
maintaining the quality management system.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the
quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.
- Support the Quality Inspectors to ensure that products and
processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management
- Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, creating
audits finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventative
- Analyze failure, corrective and preventive action to respond to
- Preparation of QA reports.
- Assist in developing a good working relationship with
manufacturing and support their gate-measurement issues.
- Participate in resolution of customer and internal quality
concerns utilizing disciplined problem-solving techniques.
- Participate in DOE projects.
- Assist other Quality Department functions as needed.
- Tool Changes: Change tools
and perform first piece
Must possess the ability to set up and run
CMM programs. Environmental protection and
health and safety aspects are also significant concerns. It is preferred that the candidate have a
minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent, 3 years of real-world
application in a manufacturing environment and ASQ certification. Candidates
with an some college combined with experience in the field of die casting,
machining and assembly is a plus.