Essential Functions Include:
- Demonstrates SoundOff Signal's Core Values in daily interactions with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Assess daily department requirements, capacity, and capability. Schedule workload to maintain or exceed delivery requirements.
- Plan daily and near term labor requirements, make adjustments when appropriate. Cross training of team into other shipping or production functions as needed.
- Track performance of kit team with various metrics.
- Identify and implement opportunities that promote quality, process, efficiency and/or employee well-being continuous improvement.
- Research, analyze, and solve problems with daily reporting transactions.
- Ability to work minimum 8 hour shifts, and flex hours early or late with little or no notice.
- Balancing hands on involvement with background support functions to maximize department throughput and capacity.
- Disciplinary activities within department when required.
- Basics of business administration and management.
- Understanding of SoundOff and department products and processes.
- Wire terminal application and related equipment operation helpful.
- Experience with basic supervisory skills (planning, organizing, employee relations, housekeeping).
- Coaching people to Live Excellence in all activities at SoundOff.
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills, competent with MS Office Suite.
- Effective time management.
- Leadership skills to quickly but calmly handle urgent situations with due diligence and reasonable care.
- Multi-tasking and strategic delegation.
- Self-motivated and self-controlled.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, includes the ability to construct professional, grammatically correct documents, letters, email messages, etc.
- Problem awareness and solving. Observant to recognize problems in their early stage. Use critical thinking and deductive reasoning to identify problems, gather and analyze data, construct, evaluate, and implement solutions. Quickly work to resolve problems with a complete solution that considers internal and external customers, employees, suppliers, and the company.
- Goal setting. Able to work with manager to develop department and individual goals and vision that align with overall company objectives.
- Basic mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot department equipment including baggers, terminal press & applicators, printers, computers, tapers, etc.
- Organized, detailed, deadline-oriented, dependable, persistent, and independent.
- Able to independently lift up to 40 lbs. regularly, and 75+lbs. with assistance, occasionally.
- Able to stand and sit for various length of time.
- Able to bend/twist and reach.
- Visual capabilities to see small parts and small print with or without corrective lenses.
- Able to differentiate between colors and patterns.
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and write the English language with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proficiently operate PC windows based programs.