You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Group Product Manager at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Group Product Manager, you'll develop, drive, and implement product plans and strategy for a global portfolio of products across the performance side, lounge, and public seating categories. You will manage product life cycle through need identification, product criteria, introduction, growth, and maturity, to decline and discontinuation. You'll provide work team leadership of the Global Product Management function within a specific portfolio. You'll also be responsible for performance evaluations, team development, delegation, role definition, and making hiring recommendations and decisions.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Determine and maintain appropriate staffing levels and develop employee leadership skills essential for the performance side, lounge, and public seating portfolios and the Global Product Team.
- Take accountability for global business results for the performance side, lounge, and public seating product portfolios across all Herman Miller brands and channels, including net sales, growth, and margins.
- Develop and define all market-based requirements for a new product opportunity, including product vocabulary, pricing, product training, channel strategy, sales planning, etc.
- Ensure a deep user/customer understanding, develop key insights, and identify a clear POV of future needs and likely wants for all global customers within the performance side, lounge, and public seating portfolios.
- Own the effort to resolve quality issues and evaluate and drive changes that highly affect P&L.
- Represent the voice of the customer throughout the exploration and development process, ensuring the end results meet customer needs as well as program business objectives.
- Take responsibility for the financial health of designated portfolio, including accountability for P&L.
- Support strategic sales opportunities and provide product updates to sales.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
Who We Are
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Interior Design, or another related field. A Master's degree is preferred.
- 10 years of experience in product management/product marketing or related experience.
- Project leadership experience - global experience is preferred.
- Contract furniture, capital goods, and/or consumer merchant experience preferred.
- The ability to work collaboratively and to teach, coach, monitor, and influence key stakeholders at various levels of the organization (i.e., employees, visitors, and vendors).
- Expert relationship-building skills in all environments and at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and experience developing and delivering presentations.
- An ability to "read the room," and to manage up, down, and sideways.
- Commercial savvy, an understanding of diverse audience needs and expectations, and the ability to package products and programs to effectively address audience interests and needs.
- The ability to proactively achieve goals and strategies under shifting conditions and with different tasks, job responsibilities, and people.
- The ability to set and meet your own milestones and expectations.
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally as projects require (approximately 30 percent).
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.