Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of production activities for a given shift and area. Supervises hourly employees, assigns resources, and plans production to achieve delivery, quality, and productivity goals.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Supervise the overall line operation (Safety, Quality, Productivity, Cost, Delivery and Morale) and motivate employees to meet targets
- Ensure environmental, health and safety regulations are adhered to
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Enforces plant rules and procedures and initiates or recommends necessary corrective disciplinary action, when needed.
- Maintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Coaches and counsels employees so the maximum contribution can be realized from each team member.
- Plan, review and organize the production schedule (dispatch) for all production lines to achieve delivery performance goals.
- Utilizes lean management (TBPS) techniques to maximize process output.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Assess project and/or resource requirements
- Develops, assists, and supports problem-solving teams.
- Perform standardized work including line audits for overall conformity
- Other duties as required by the Value Stream Manager
- High School Diploma required. Advanced education preferred.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2-4 years of experience in manufacturing or lead supervisory experience preferred. Strong knowledge of tooling, engineering principles, and manufacturing concepts. Understanding of scheduling procedure.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled