Weingartz in Cedar Springs is searching for an experienced and dedicated Small Engine Mechanic. This position is a long-term opportunity in a growing, family-oriented organization. We provide a great environment for our employees to succeed by having stable leadership, top brands, exceptional after-sale support, an experienced team and a terrific 70-year reputation.
• Enjoys being part of the team working successfully with all residential and commercial customers
• Must be able to work independently and in an efficient manner
• Loves multitasking; able to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously
• Friendly, service-oriented, organized and ability to work toward goal achievement
Responsibilities and Duties
• Experienced Gasoline and Diesel Technician needed to repair all Residential Lawn Tractors, Commercial Landscape Equipment, and Compact Tractors.
• Diagnose and repair all aspects of Electrical and Hydraulics, Pumps & Motors.
• Must be able to repair & replace complete engines overhauls, short blocks and top-end work & repair Transmissions.
• Full time position 40-45 hours a week, Monday through Saturday
• Must be able to work overtime during peak season; hours may exceed 55 hours per week during busy times of the year.
• Previous repair and service work of minimum 3 years.
• EETC Certified is highly recommended• Must own tools and testing equipment
•Ability to inspect, diagnose, and repair varies types of outdoor power equipment including:
-Lawn and garden tractors
-Commercial landscape equipment
-Light and medium duty compact tractors
-Snow removal equipment
-Two cycle and four cycle engines
• Repairs may include:
-Engine removal, tear-down, and rebuild
-Transmission removal, tear-down, and rebuild
-Seasonal maintenance and tune up work
• Welding and fabrication experience is a plus.
We sell and service Exmark, John Deere, Kohler, Cub Cadet, Sthil, Kubota and more.
Employer paid: medical, dental, life, PTO, short term disability
Voluntary: vision, long term disability and additional life insurance
401k - with a company safe harbor match
Since 1945, Weingartz, a family owned and operated business, has been the trusted North American leader in sales and service of outdoor power equipment. Our loyal customers come back to Weingartz again and again because of the outstanding knowledge, expertise and value they receive. Weingartz has long been an advocate for the commercial and the residential buyer, designing specialized, innovative service programs tailored to the needs of our valued customers. We have been dedicated to the relationship we share with our customers and the community for more than 70 years. Our impeccable record and highly respected, industry-wide reputation is something we never take for granted. We work hard every day to go above and beyond our customers’ expectations to provide a superior retail experience. Our industry-leading customer support programs are second to none. We are an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition or handicap, height, weight, arrest record or any other protected status in the hiring, payment, discipline or promotion of employees
Please Visit our Websites: www.weingartz.com -- www.wandpmanagement.com
Job Type: Full-time