Arbre Farms is a privately-owned business based in the heart of Western Michigan's vegetable country. Arbre produces over 15 locally-grown vegetables (both conventional and organic) for sale to food manufacturers and distributors. As such, we are an ESSENTIAL EMPLOYER!
- This is a temporary position with the opportunity for permanent, year-round employment after 90 days of successful employment.
- The starting pay rate is $16.00/hr
- 3rd Shift Position - schedule is 11:00pm to 9:00am
Requirements, Expectations & Work Conditions:
- At least 18 years old
- Willing to work in an industrial environment
- Willing to work in a highly regulated food service industry
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Able to work in a cool environment (production at 35 degrees, freezer at -10 degrees)
- Willing to follow strict guidelines while at work and away from work including social distancing, personal hygiene, etc. per the CDC guidelines
- Must agree to body temperature screening
- Must agree to wear a mask while onsite
This is an entry level position in the sanitation department. After orientation and initial chemical safety training, the employee will begin learning and practicing cleaning and sanitation methods here at Arbre Farms.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
• Serve the needs of customers and all stakeholders
• Adhere to all Food Safety and GMP Policies
• Clean, without direct supervision, plant-wide in Environmental Zone 3 (areas in exposed product rooms that are away from product contact surfaces; walls, sinks, forklifts, etc.).
• Clean, without direct supervision, plant-wide in Environmental Zone 4 (areas outside of rooms where there is exposed products; warehousing, racks, floors, walls, etc.).
• Clean floors and drains plant-wide without direct supervision.
• With direct supervision from a Level 4 Sanitation Worker (Team Leader), or above, clean in Environmental Zone 1 (food contact surfaces, belts, elevators, shakers, etc.) and Zone 2 (areas immediately adjacent to food contact surfaces; framework, aprons, items directly over food contact areas, etc.) in pre-blanch areas ONLY (Level 2 sanitation work). This is considered training to become a Level 2 Sanitation Worker.
• Perform all work according to company SSOPs (Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures) and Master Sanitation Schedule.
• Operate chemical dispensing equipment, sanitation equipment, machinery controls, and various tools.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Above average skills in attendance
• Demonstrated ability to read and follow SSOP’s to an acceptable degree; work well with others in a team environment; take and follow direction for others.
Education and Experience:
Physical Demands of the Position:
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee must be able to see, speak, hear, read, walk, and stand for long periods. The employee must be able to pull, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, balance, and lift in excess of 50 lbs. There is extensive walking required.
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee must be able to work in multiple climates and work environments. Proper safety equipment will be provided, but the employee may be required to work in, but not limited to, these conditions: dirt, heat, freezer, smoke/steam, noise, vibration, grease/oil, fumes, dust/shavings, and wet environments; variable temperatures of both heat and cold.