JOIN OUR TEAM!
SoundOff Signal is a growing local firm with an international base of suppliers and customers. We are a team oriented, ISO certified manufacturer of emergency and commercial vehicle lighting equipment. Due to our continuing growth, we have a new opportunity for a LabVIEW Test Engineer Level II.
LabVIEW Test Engineer II
The ideal candidate for this position will be skilled at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. This individual will have a wide range of skills that not only includes electronic hardware and software design. They will be capable of handling multiple projects while maintaining a positive attitude. They will also be able to communicate with personnel of different levels within the organization.
- Working independently or as member of an integrated Test Engineering team, is responsible for the development, implementation and support of test automation architectures, strategies and projects for production test.
- Demonstrates SoundOff Signal's Core Values Daily with interactions with internal and external customers
- Interfaces with the project management and development teams to gather project information, understand project objectives, schedules, and constraints.
- Develops test schedules and resource requirements, and communicates ongoing progress and risks.
- Analyzes system requirements and reviews technical specifications to assess and evaluate test requirements for sub-assembly and final products.
- Defines new test systems, methodologies, processes, procedures using industry best practices and innovation
- Specifies and develops software for new test systems and/or new product test suites.
- Debugs new and existing test systems and / or application test suites.
- Documents test systems, requirements, processes, and procedures.
- Maintains configuration control of all test system components throughout their life cycle.
- Participates in design reviews, code reviews, test plan reviews and documentation reviews.
- Prepares and presents progress reports, metrics and test analysis.
- Provides training and direction for junior test engineering staff members.
- Must be a proficient LabVIEW programmer, familiar with advanced design patterns.
- TestStand programming experience is desired, but not required.
- B.S. Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline with minimum 5 years experience in test engineering.
- Must be familiar with instrumentation automation protocols including serial, USB, GPIB, and Ethernet.
- Must be familiar with communication protocols such as LIN and CAN.
- Should be familiar with basic test instruments, including multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc.
SOUNDOFF SIGNAL offers a positive work environment, a competitive compensation package with a significant base salary, annual bonus opportunity, health, dental, vision insurance, life and disability insurance; vacation/holiday/community service time; on-site gym; retirement plan with generous match, and more.
It is the policy of SoundOff Signal to extend equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, age, sex, pregnancy, gender or gender expression, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, ethnic background, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, miltary or veteran status, citizenship, protected activity (i.e., opposition to prohibited discrimination or participation in the statutory complaint process), or any other legally protected group.