SoundOff Signal, a growing ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) firm located near Grand Rapids MI, is looking for a SMT 2nd Shift Operator. This position is open to internal applicants- both temporary and hired employees.
- Ability to operate the following types of equipment:
- Stencil printer
- SM placement equipment
- Offline loading station and systems
- Support servers
- Reflow oven equipment
- Inspect board assemblies.
- Operate the line to prescribed production run rates.
- Perform line changeovers between production runs.
- Proficient and ability to solder add on components.
- Set up new assemblies under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineer or Lead.
- Ability to maintain productivity while working alone.
- Troubleshoot line problems with components or placement.
- High individual level of quality, with proven contributions to the overall department quality.
- Have a thorough understanding of all SoundOff Signal policies, procedures, and systems.
- Able to perform job consistently without excessive absenteeism or tardiness.
- Able to read/understand and follow SoundOff Signal Work Instructions.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to successfully communicate internally as well as outside contacts.
- Comprehend precision math to the 0.0001 (ten thousandths).
- Must be self-directed and motived with an ability to work independently & efficiently without direct supervision.
- Detail oriented.
- Understand lean manufacturing principles.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Able to pinch and grip small parts.
- Able to stand and sit for various length of time.
- Able to bend/twist and reach.
- Visual capabilities to see small parts and small print with or without corrective lenses
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Customer service 2 year experience (phone related a plus)
- Ability to read, write and speak English with a high degree of accuracy and clarity