About this Opportunity
As a Senior Social Media Marketing Specialist, you'll develop and execute content strategy and creation for one or more of Herman Miller brands' respective social media strategy, ensuring cohesive storylines and high levels of engagement. You will set priorities and key narratives, strategize with internal and external teams, and manage ongoing and on-brand content calendars. You will work with Creative, Marketing, Analytics, Paid Media, Communications, and other teams to balance the demands and interests of multiple projects, partners, and stakeholders, and to maintain relationships.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of stakeholders across business units to ensure alignment on strategies, tactics, and outcomes.
- Contribute to community management and social listening strategy and implementation.
- Develop and implement an insights-led social strategy with an up-to-date understanding of social best practices across the competitive landscape, ensuring alignment with broader marketing priorities, business goals, voice, and brand. Platforms may include but are not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Manage the brand social budget and work with the Media team to develop paid media strategies that achieve business objectives.
- Manage the optimization of social media management tool, including publishing, reporting, advertising, listening, and day-to-day upkeep and maintenance.
- Occasionally work flexible hours to cover weeknight and weekend duties as needed.
- Own the content calendar for one or more brands within Herman Miller's family of brands - such as Herman Miller, Design Within Reach, and HAY - including managing timelines and priorities.
- Partner with Analytics team to collect and interpret social media insights using social listening tools, analytics platforms, and SEO to guide campaigns, maximize engagement, and make data-backed recommendations.
- Source and partner with Creative teams to develop compelling content through photo and video shoots, capture organic content, and source on-brand user-generated content.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, English, or a related field.
- Three years of social media marketing experience managing multiple products, ideally within a complex, fast-paced corporate environment.
- One year of professional experience working with social media management and reporting tools such as Sprinklr, Social Studio, Sprout, or similar.
- The ability to work successfully with multiple internal and external teams and adapt to changing dynamics.
- The ability to guide creative teams in shaping content for optimal social reach and engagement.
- Fluency with social analytics, social advertising (e.g., Facebook ads) and SEO (a plus).
- The ability to manage multiple competing priorities and demonstrate flexibility in project management.
- The ability to effectively interact with and at various levels of the organization (i.e., employees, visitors, vendors).
- The ability to develop and maintain effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and experience developing and delivering presentations.
- Strong time management, problem solving, planning, and organization skills to work on multiple projects for success in a results-oriented environment.
- The ability to be self-motivated and to work independently.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.