Position Summary – Press Operator
Starting $17 - $22hr based on experience
Has primary responsibility for setting up, running, and monitoring up to 1,000 Ton presses ensuring quality stampings are produced per the production orders and engineering specifications. Monitors press and adjusts throughout the stamping run. Performs necessary quality checks, records information and performs general utility work to meet work schedule.
- Performs all duties to ensure department and plant meet daily and weekly production requirements.
- Sets up and adjusts stamping press according to die set-up sheet.
- Select and verify appropriate steel coils to ensure product meets customer requirements.
- Changes steel coils at appropriate intervals to ensure production output continues.
- Frequently loads, unloads, lifts/moves, pulls/pushes, and/or positions products and materials weighing up to 40 pounds, occasionally weighing more (assistance given with heavier objects by work partner[s]), throughout assigned work center. Press operations involve frequent standing, walking, bending, twisting, turning, and lifting.
- Properly packs parts in correct pin/storage container per packaging instructions to meet customer requirements. Ensures proper labeling requirements are followed. Uses personal computer (PC), keyboard, and mouse.
- Completes on-line work center and operator inspection sheets to verify process are stable and all visual inspection and gage requirements are being met.
- Ensures and maintains safety and cleanliness of work area by performing housekeeping duties.
- Performs and cross trains on various work centers as required.
- Completes appropriate paperwork and other documentation.
- Meets daily production requirements.
- Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position description as directed by the supervisor/manager.
- One year of experience running stamping presses (Automatic Feed or Transfer) (preferred).
- Prior experience performing die-set ups (preferred).
- Ability to adjust press fingers (preferred).
- Ability to adjust press speed or learn to adjust press speed (required).
- Ability to set press height (shut height) or ability to learn to set press height (required).
- Ability to read and interpret job element sheets (required).
- Ability to use a variety of gages (functional, go/no go) (required).
- PC and keyboard/mouse skills (required).
- Ability to frequently lift/move material weighing up to 40 pounds (required).
- Ability to work as a contributing member within team environment (required).
2nd shift / 2pm-10pm Mon-Fri with OT
3rd shift / 10pm-6am Sun-Thur with OT