Packaging Specialists are at the forefront of Perrigo’s mission “To make lives better by bringing Quality Affordable Self-Care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold.” The Packaging Specialist is an entry-level position where you will work on an assembly line packaging over the counter (“OTC”) pharmaceuticals Our environment is dynamic, and we look for the same in new team members. You’ll be successful at Perrigo if you are independent, self-motivated, exhibit a high level of attention to detail and pride yourself in doing what’s right even when no one is looking. Perrigo has high standards for providing a safe work environment and the willingness to work safely and follow established safety protocols is required. If you are looking to start a rewarding career with a great company, Packaging is the place to begin!
What you can expect:
Specialists carry out various operations using specialized equipment to produce a wide range of high-quality pharmaceutical products. Packaging Specialists must adhere to current Good Manufacturing Practices, thus accuracy and attention to detail are critical in this role. A strong mechanical aptitude is also required, as Specialists may disassemble, clean, sanitize, and reassemble their own equipment. The available shifts for these opportunities vary but will be one of the following: second or third shift or 12-hour PM (nights) rotations. Position details and candidate availability for each shift will be discussed during a phone interview with Talent Acquisition.
- Follow written instructions contained in Standard Operating Procedures, manufacturing orders, cleaning checklists and other controlled documents in accordance with cGMP regulations.
- Physically move bulk materials utilizing various forms of pallet jacks. Basic material handling and departmental utility tasks may also be assigned.
- Operate computer-controlled equipment utilizing a screen-based Operator Interface Terminal (OIT).
- Execute in-process attribute testing and visual inspections.
- Evaluate test results against prescribed parameters to determine if tested product is within specification.
- Accurately, repeatedly and contemporaneously documente GMP data on equipment logs, batch records and cleaning checklists.
- Execute equipment and line cleaning tasks utilizing manual and automated processes and prescribed cleaning checklists.
- Perform minor equipment servicing activities including disassembly, reassembly and set-up.
- A High School diploma (or G.E.D.).
- Basic math and English communication skills, legible penmanship, and a high level of reading comprehension.
- A working knowledge of computers.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week and be available for overtime when necessary.
- Available for training on various shifts.
- Must have the ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
- All Specialists must be able to stand for approximately 85% of their total shift.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include eye protection, hearing protection, half-face and/or Powered Air Purifying Respirators, protective clothing and fall restraint harnesses will be provided if required.
- Excellent attendance record and work history.
- A strong mechanical aptitude is highly preferred.
Consistently/Frequently - see (vision), hear, ability to read and write, ability to interpret information, basic math, reading and writing in English
Consistently/Frequently – stand, walk, lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, stoop/bend, squat, kneeling, twisting, grasping, move items/boxes, feel with hands/fingers
Occasionally – sit, lifting 50 lbs., pull and push with skid jacks 880 lbs., climb ladders, stoop/bend, squat, kneeling, twisting, reach, reach above shoulders and head
Rarely – lift above shoulders and head 25 lbs
Consistently/Frequently - exposure to loud noises/machinery, exposure to chemicals
Please be aware you may experience exposure to aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen or other OTC (Over The Counter) medication dust as products are loaded into hoppers. These dusts may be considered sensitizers that could affect an individual who has allergies to such materials.
Perrigo offers competitive wages based on experience, including off shift premiums, as well as a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid holidays, 3 weeks paid-time-off, a comprehensive wellness program with an onsite fitness center, tuition reimbursement, 401k employer matching and profit sharing program, and much more!
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.