The new Tenneco has formed from the combination of Tenneco Clean Air and Federal-Mogul Powertrain, bringing together more than a century of innovation to serve light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway and large engine OE customers worldwide. By building more efficient, more powerful and more sophisticated powertrain systems, Tenneco's engineered solutions improve fuel economy and power output, and reduce criteria pollutants and greenhouse gas emissions for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for a Regional Operations Director to contribute to our Clean Air business unit. The Operations Director is responsible for the management of assigned manufacturing facilities and related resources and budgets. Key responsibilities include proper utilization of facilities, equipment and manpower. Serves as the interface between the SBU leadership team, operations staff, engineering, program management and customers. Accountable for the safe operation of assigned manufacturing facilities.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Directs and monitors the plant's production and engineering activities. This includes controlling quality, cost of production, warehousing, receiving and shipping of materials through appropriate subordinates. Evaluates results and takes actions to improve performance.
- Directs the planning and utilization of lean tools to improve all areas of the operation. Facilitates teams and insures all improvements are sustained and continuously improved.
- Participates in long-range plant expansion, conversion, and equipment planning. Oversees the maintenance of buildings and equipment, and plant security and protection.
- Forecasts operating costs of facilities and directs preparation of annual budgets.
- Develops and directs programs to ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation and utilization of facilities.
- Ensures customer and internal expectations are met relating to quality, cost and on-time delivery.
- Ensures that operations activities, decisions, and actions conform to production policies and procedures as well as support the needs of internal and external customers.
- Ensures processes and procedures related to manufacturing operations comply with safety requirements.
- Develops resource plans to determine required capabilities
- In collaboration with Human Resources, develops and maintains a productive work team by creating programs for hiring, training and professional development.
- Approves direct report objectives and evaluates performance; develops employees through coaching and training.
- Applies sound communication, documentation and motivational techniques in supervising, counseling, and disciplining subordinates.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Manufacturing, or Engineering.
- At least 10 years of experience in manufacturing operations, preferably in the automotive industry.
- Experience in multi-plant manufacturing operations.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled