Tenneco is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers and marketers serving the light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial and aftermarket industries. Our portfolio consists of Clean Air, Powertrain, Aftermarket, and Ride Performance products and technology solutions. With our product portfolio, dedication to quality, global reach, entrepreneurial setting and competitive strength, we're at a great place to build a lasting career.
We are looking for a Global Design Methods Manager to work within our Global Clean Air Engineering organization. This position is responsible for formulating, developing, beta testing, publishing and training the standards, templates and methods used by the Global Design Department. This position also interfaces with the Global Process and Tools Team to help prioritize and guide the help prioritize the internal development of tools that will be used by the Global Design Team. The vision for this position is to migrate the Global Design Team to a best in class Design Department using best in class methodologies such as automated design tools, MBD and globally used part libraries, process and standards.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Lead and manage the Global Design Methods organization including the Global GD&T and Global GPDM Release departments.
- Define the standards, processes and tools to be used in Clean Air Design departments globally.
- Standardization of 3D/2D design methods.
- Maintenance of Customer Design standards (together with the respective Lead designers).
- Define and Lead the innovation activities in Global Design.
- Evaluate current tools and processes and identify improvements needed with supporting justification as well as prioritization among workload.
- Define new tools and processes for continuous improvement with supporting justification.
- Stay abreast of customer future migration plans and CAD software usage.
- Conduct evaluation of Model Based Definition (MBD) and quantify benefit to Tenneco along with identification of market trends for technologies, techniques and related skills needed to support MBD.
- Coordinate with the Tools and Process team in implementing Continuous Improvement activities.
- Quantify the global Design Department employee skills to best prepare them for the demands of digital production (Design through release to production) and to know where training is needed and appropriate.
- Identify the professional and technical skills required for Tenneco to benefit from what Industry 4.0 offers such as automated learning systems, digital learning media and the latest didactic (teaching) methods. Identify training needed based on employee skill levels to prepare for Industry 4.0.
- Support the maintenance and possible creation if needed of Global Design Department Key Product Indicators (KPIs) as well NA specific KPIs.
- Development of Root Cause Analysis (Ex: 8D) to systematically resolve problem that may arise in a design team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field. Master's degree in Design or and Engineering discipline is a plus.
- 10+ years of proven design or design related experience.
- Certification in industry standard best practices for change or configuration management (CMII Certification or equivalent) is a plus.
- Experience leading a team of Designers. Leading a team on different locations and time zones is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of CAD system functionality and upstream and downstream needs - (Analysis, quality, prototype, production, suppliers, customer).
- Knowledge of product lifecycle management (PLM) system function and the need for design control and change management.
- Strong desire to be a change agent! This includes identifying opportunities where processes and tools can be improved, prioritizing those opportunities, championing the development of solutions, getting buy-in from the global design community and then leading the incorporation of best practices of tools, standards and processes.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled