Position Title: Teamster Clerical Relief Position
Grade: Hourly - IBT
Hiring Manager: Human Resources Manager
Department: Human Resources
Verso Corporation is a leading North American producer of printing papers, specialty papers and pulp. We are accepting applications for a Teamster Clerical Position at our Escanaba, Michigan pulp and paper mill.
The primary responsibility will be to provide vacation relief for our administrative clerical staff. The successful candidate will become a member of Teamsters Local 406 after successful completion of the probationary period. This position will require shift work.
- Minimum typing speed of 55 wpm.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and MS Excel.
- Must have excellent organizational and planning skills
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize work is essential.
- Must pay attention to details.
- Needs to have data management skills along with problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly assimilate new information.
- Coordinate many activities and interact effectively with all levels of our organization.
- Must have communication skills both verbal and written including confidentiality of information.
- Candidate must be able to adapt to quick changes and be a team player.
- Candidates should be prepared to test for the above required skills, including testing of comprehension.
- This position will require shift work.
- Ability to work rotating shifts (days, nights, weekends, holidays).
- Testing will be conducted through Michigan Works.
Minimum Required Experience and Education:
- Minimum age of 18
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years continuous work experience