IoT Analyst (Full-time | Grand Rapids, MI)
As an IoT Analyst on our Application Support team, you will be solving a variety of technical challenges and creating solutions for multiple enterprise clients and users. You will use your understanding and passion for cloud and web technologies to support the needs of enterprise clients and provide solutions that help drive their businesses. You will learn OST’s business and drive positive incremental change throughout the organization using technology. The ideal candidate will leverage their passion for technology to deliver projects with excellence.
- Support and enhance custom IoT platforms for multiple clients.
- Lead the IoT support initiative with a client-focused, DevOps approach.
- Help streamline processes and tools to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Provide technical guidance to peers, leadership, and clients.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with project/tool stakeholders and users.
- Develop healthy and long-term relationships with your OST colleagues. Understand their problems and translate those into solutions that meet their needs.
- Troubleshoot and debug existing custom applications.
- Assist in the definition and development of new custom applications.
- Drive continuous improvement to help OST to bring value to our team and clients faster and with greater accuracy.
- Be a contributing member of the internal support organization; working collaboratively to move OST forward through leveraging technology.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field – or demonstrated experience
- Demonstrated skills/knowledge with Azure/AWS Platform
- Experience working with AWS IoT or Azure IoT
- Working knowledge of serverless architecture and cloud-native APIs
- Object-Oriented and Microservices development
- Proven skill communicating and working with and delivering solutions to non-technical users and process owners
- Desire and ability to learn quickly, take professional risks, and operate in a fast-paced innovative environment
- Additional preferred skills include Infrastructure as Code and ReactJS