Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment, such as cranes, bulldozers, graders, and conveyors, used in construction, logging, and surface mining.
• Adjust and maintain industrial machinery, using control and regulating devices.
• Clean parts by spraying them with grease solvent or immersing them in tanks of solvent.
• Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
• Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
• Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
• Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
• Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
• Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
• Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
• Repair, rewire, and troubleshoot electrical systems.
• Research, order, and maintain parts inventory for services and repairs.
• Schedule maintenance for industrial machines and equipment, and keep equipment service records.
• Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
• Weld or solder broken parts and structural members, using electric or gas welders and soldering tools.
• Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
Experience / Qualifications:
Service mechanic to perform maintenance on Heavy Equipment, Truck and Miscellaneous Equipment Fleet. Duties to include but not limited to general maintenance, welding, parts/component changeouts, service records, general oversight of shop operations. Training provided if necessary.